Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

WTC question

(2 Posts)
imawigglyworm Sat 04-Jun-11 12:49:06

completed the yearly tax credit review thing they send through the post and received their paperwork back. but for my DH (only person who works) they have put his wages until 2012 as 0. He is working and will be working so we phoned and told them, they said they'd use this years earning as a estimate which we were happy with. Just received paperwork again and nothing has changed.
Is this right?
we just dont want to owe them loads next year if they have it wrong.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 04-Jun-11 13:12:50

Call them back and tell them again. Follow up this information with a registered letter and keep a copy. Then, using this Benefits Checker, work out your award for yourself. If they insist on giving you more money than you're entitled to, put the excess in a savings account so that you can pay them back if/when they make a correction

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: