Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tell me what to do.......with the milkman

(17 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 03-Jun-11 23:35:44

Actually not the milkman; customer services

I get an email saying they have had a problem taking my payment
Then I get one saying it's a technical hitch
Then I get one saying it's a technical hitch

So I assume it's a technical hitch

Then they stop my milk (last Saturday) so I rang on Tuesday

"Oh it's all our fault" & " We will fix it" then "Check on-line & it will be unsuspended"

Then I ring on Wednesday (because it wasn't unsuspended)

"Oh it's all our fault" & " We will fix it" then "Check on-line & it will be unsuspended"

So I ring on Thursday

"you owe us £4 odd from last October"

Oh said I "have you asked me for it?"

"no, but you have to pay"

"hang on" say I "what is going on, you send me emails saying it's your fault (twice) & now it's my fault?"

So what next? I have said if no milk tomorrow I am closing my account

belledechocchipcookie Fri 03-Jun-11 23:40:33

Close your account and buy it from the shop. I cancelled mine, he kept delivering stale bread. One Christmas he delivered a weeks worth of milk (7 bottles) on one day, all out of date the following day. It wasn't worth the bother.

KatyMac Fri 03-Jun-11 23:48:34

Oh dear

I like my milk in glass

sad

ThisIsJustASagaNow Fri 03-Jun-11 23:55:16

Blimey what a hassle. Give it up and get it from the shop.

In a moment of weakness I was talked into getting milk from the milkman. Big mistake. It was late, sometimes not at all, the milkman was argumentative and it cost more hmm Who needs the aggro?confused

slartybartfast Sat 04-Jun-11 00:00:50

same here - moment of guilt/weakness.

however he wanted money when i wasnt expecting him and didnt come when i had the money.

browneyesblue Sat 04-Jun-11 00:04:46

I cancelled mine when they told me they would only deliver after 8.30am (they previously delivered at around 5am) - DH and I had both left for work by then.

They seemed to think we were being most unreasonable for not wanting to leave it on the doorstep all day hmm

They didn't bother collecting the last empties, or the final cheque, and ended up asking for the money nearly a year later, by which time I had no idea of how much I actually owed.

KatyMac Sat 04-Jun-11 09:31:17

So no milk today; I feel a letter coming over me

wordsonascreen Sat 04-Jun-11 09:41:07

I tried so hard to carry on with door step deliveries ...constant press over community service yadda yah but it was utterly hopeless.

After being told I was on holiday and thats why I wasn't getting a delivery (for the 4th week in a row, )being charged for organic milk when 90% of the time they subsituted for non organic and deliveries ranging from 3am to 7.45pm (?) and milk that was half the time sour I gave up.

I still fret about little old ladies though...

belledechocchipcookie Sat 04-Jun-11 11:23:59

Oh yes, I forgot about the delivery times. We leave the house at 07:30 so it's no good for me to have milk sitting on the doorstep all day (which happened repeatidly), he would aslo substitute. I was pretty much paying for stale bread and undrinkable milk, most of it ended up down the sink.

I now order my milk from Abel & Cole with my veg, it lasts all week. wink

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 04-Jun-11 12:28:52

Are you with Milk&More?

KatyMac Sat 04-Jun-11 12:30:23

Yep

belledechocchipcookie Sat 04-Jun-11 13:00:01

The milk is cheaper from Abel & Cole (55p for 1/2 a litre of organic) and they deliver it in a cool box. It really does last all week.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 04-Jun-11 13:09:54

I've had Milk&More for about two or three years now. There was a hiccup a few weeks ago when my order was mysteriously cancelled for a couple of days. But I pay by DD, log holidays etc, and it usually goes without a hitch. (They never the sub the organic milk either) I know milk is cheaper elsewhere but I find that if I pop to the shops for a pinta, I don't leave without spending £20 on other stuff..

MisSalLaneous Sat 04-Jun-11 13:22:11

Until I saw the topic I found your OP mildly amusing - had visions of early morning shenanigans! wink

Interest thread though, I've often considered milk delivery but not really researched it properly. So belle, is Abel & Cole good on the veg side too?

belledechocchipcookie Sat 04-Jun-11 14:37:23

I've not had a problem with them MisSal but I think they deliver from regional suppliers so it may depend on where you are. Some of the veg is expensive, £2 for a cucumber! shock but I've slashed my food budget as they only sell things I really need. I spend about £30 a week for ds and I, a box of fruit and veg, 3 500ml of milk, 1 loaf, pork steaks, bacon, a whole chicken and some smoked fish. They are (almost) always sending me offers/freebies. I get a free box of veg if I recommend people if anyone's interested grin (I'd recommend them without the free veg though).

MisSalLaneous Sat 04-Jun-11 14:48:55

Thanks belle! Ok, let me have a look. If we go with them, you can definitely "officially" recommend me. Will come back to you. smile

belledechocchipcookie Sat 04-Jun-11 15:29:23

smile Thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: