Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

ESA appeal for someone with a lung tumour - any advice?

(1 Post)
QueenOfFeckingEverything Tue 31-May-11 19:55:01

I saw DD's best friend's mum today and she was in tears. She has a large non-malignant tumour on her lung and has just been turned down for ESA and told she is 'fit for work'.

She is on heavy-duty painkillers that make her drowsy, forgetful, badly-coordinated and therefore unable to drive. She is also very breathless a lot of the time, and is due to have the tumour removed next month which will be major surgery with a significant recovery period.

She can't claim JSA - she is clearly unfit for work and as we are very rural isn't actually able to get to the JobCentre anyway, as it would mean a 30 mile round trip and she isn't supposed to drive atm.

She doesn't have the internet at home and English is not her first language so I told her to come here tomorrow and I would help her with an appeal. Anyone got any pointers? I am googling now but there's a lot of info and not a lot of time... TIA smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: