Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

private health insurance - claiming money for NHS hospital stay

(9 Posts)
juicychops Mon 30-May-11 16:28:29

my son was in hospital for 4 nights this week. I called my health insurance and as i stayed NHS i can claim xxx amount per night ds stayed in hospital

has anyone else done this before?

how quickly do you have to get the forms in?

im still waiting for my claim form to be sent out to me

fivegomadindorset Mon 30-May-11 16:29:39

Why would you want to, it didn't cost you anything did it?

TheOriginalFAB Mon 30-May-11 16:31:14

We were able to claim for one night after DD had a horrendous accident and it came quite quickly though it was a while after the stay that we applied. We used it for a treat for DD.

five - that is what insurance is for.

juicychops Mon 30-May-11 16:32:38

because i pay per month for health insurance

i dont mean claiming it from the NHS, i mean claiming it back from my health insurance company . They offer this because by me not going to a private hospital it saves the insurance company lots of money, so they let you claim a certain amount per night for NOT going private

fivegomadindorset Mon 30-May-11 16:33:18

Yes, for getting treatment privately not for treatment that didn't cost you anything, obviously I am being very thick and missing the point and shall leave.

juicychops Mon 30-May-11 16:33:29

ok so there isn't a time limit that you have to get the forms in by or anything?

fivegomadindorset Mon 30-May-11 16:33:54

xposts, thanks for the explanation.

lockets Mon 30-May-11 16:34:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juicychops Mon 30-May-11 16:38:16

thats a good idea Lockets. they have a baby charity attached to the hospital. I read the leaflet while i was in there. I am going to put some in ds's savings soon as it was his suffering that has enabled me to claim

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: