Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Debt advisor needed

(7 Posts)
Akiko Tue 03-May-11 23:51:55

My C Card debt is gone over the limit, and I no longer can pmake even the minimum payment. Tried to call the issuer and cancel the card, they kept me on the phone waiting for over 20 min and disconnected.
I really need advise from a professional. I've read that some advisors even negotiate repayment plan with the creditors, Needless to say, the advise has to be free of charge.
Could anyone make a recommendation, please?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 04-May-11 00:08:46

Consumer Credit Counselling Service. Haven't used them myself, but have seen them recommended.

expatinscotland Wed 04-May-11 00:11:37

Get onto the moneysavingexpert website now. Go to Forums and then go to the Debt-free wannabe part.

They list all the places where you can get reliable, FREE assistance. Don't use people who charge you money for debt advice or to get out of debt.

Chil1234 Wed 04-May-11 06:25:33

The three places usually recommended for providing free impartial advice are the Citizens Advice Bureau, the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) and the National Debtline. BTW You can't cancel a credit card account if you still owe money on it.

blushingm Mon 16-May-11 23:23:20

i've used payplan - they negotiated with all our creditors. We pay them and they send the agrreed payment to each place we owe money to. They do take a fee or anything either

SusanneLinder Wed 18-May-11 13:08:11

http://www.moneyadvicetrust.org/

They have list of everyone in your area,including councils and charities that provide free money advice.

Sonnysmum11 Sun 05-Jun-11 11:30:54

I think these guys are great. they a re free, impartial and offer home visits! they give debt & money advice and are a new org so can answer the phone UNLIKE som orgs.... :-)

www.planbadvice.co.uk they are self funding themselves so are not in bed with banks or councils funding them also....

Sonnysmum. xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: