Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage

(4 Posts)
Chattybabe Wed 05-Jan-11 09:02:47

Hello,

My daughter's partner has left her, with kids, in debt and without any money! She's on benefit and in order to move on, wants her ex-partner's name removed from the mortgage/deeds. It's her hourse but when he moved in (for about 5 years) his name went onto the deeds/mortgage in order to get a loan to improve the property - This work never happened! She's been told that to get his name removed it could cost her £500 which she just hasn't got. He's quite willing to go along with this as he doesn't want any claim on the house. She's worried that HIS sons could have a claim on her house if anything happened to her!!

Any suggestions???

Chil1234 Wed 05-Jan-11 09:21:06

There are usually admin charges when you're changing mortgages. She could try adding the £500 fee to the remaining balance perhaps or maybe, as he seems to be reasonable, he would agree to pay half?

Chattybabe Wed 05-Jan-11 11:07:02

Thanks Chil....even £250 at the minute is out of her league.

Chattybabe Wed 05-Jan-11 11:13:01

Hi,

I've spent my life trying to keep fit, slim etc etc. but at the moment I really feel AWFULL!! Christmas was great but very busy and now I've no energy, feel really fed up and just don't know how to kick start my new year.

I walk the dog for 40 minutes every morning and wonder if this is where I should start? Also, I'm just over my Weight Watchers target so think I should return there next week.

Any other tips????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now