Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Money taken from blocked card

(4 Posts)
Breezy1985 Sat 18-Dec-10 22:06:34

2 weeks ago I had £70 taken out of my account via debit card transaction to a company I wasn't aware of, rang the bank they were brilliant, blocked my card and have sent me a new one.
Checked my bank today to find another £70 went out to the same company on the 16th December, i rang the bank and they said it was a card transaction using my old card on the 14th December, are they allowed to do this and why wasn't it stopped, i thought they blocked the card so this didn't happen again.
I phoned them today and they just kept saying there is nothing they can do about it?! Is this right? How can someone just take money without my permission?
Thanks

bubbles4 Sun 19-Dec-10 09:52:28

I dont know if they are allowed to do it but what was the point of them stopping bthe card if they are going to keep allowing payment from it.If I was you I would be kicking up a right stink and demanding to speak to a manager.Good luck.

minibmw2010 Tue 21-Dec-10 21:42:38

If your card was blocked officially by the bank before the 14th then the bank definitely has a case to answer. Is it definitely coming off your card and not out of your account via direct debit or anything like that?

Breezy1985 Tue 21-Dec-10 22:44:49

I went into my branch yesterday and they confirmed that the card was officialy blocked on the 2nd, and it should not have happened, and my money was back in my account this morning, apparently the person on the phone could of sorted it out angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now