Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Insurance Problem

(4 Posts)
worldgonemad72 Sun 12-Dec-10 11:31:29

Hi

Hope somebody has got some advice for me.

We had buildings and contents insurance with the same company for 3 years. When this years renewal came through the premiums had almost doubled , so i sent a letter stating that we didn't want to renew and also cancelled the direct debit at the bank (we have never made a claim and all payments were upto date).

Anyway they still tried to take the money out of the bank and we have started to get threatening letters, i have phoned the company and my husband has aswel but they are insisting they never received the letter.

Where do we stand with this?

They are saying that we owe 1 months payment, a cancellation charge and now administration charges are being added.

Everytime we phone they say there isn't a manager to speak to or the credit department is closed.

Im getting so stressed about it, we are struggling for money at the moment as my husband isn't working (he's on a training course), i just want to pay it as i dont want get a rubbish credit rating. My husband refuses to as we didn't renew.

I just dont no what to do.

Thanks

WestVirginia Sun 12-Dec-10 12:17:57

Ask the CAB for advice.

Marjoriew Thu 16-Dec-10 19:32:27

OP, why don't you post it under the 'Legal Matters' thread?
There's a few posters there who might be able to help you out with your problem.

RockChick1984 Wed 22-Dec-10 22:49:52

Hi, just as an extra note for you, you didn't say if you have taken cover elsewhere? If you have a mortgage it's a condition that u have buildings insurance. Even if u don't, it's advisable to take buildings ins as a bare minimum as if u had a fire or something and th whole house was distroyed you would have no way to rebuild or move house without buildings insurance!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: