Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child tax credits and employer voucher schemes

(3 Posts)
NovemberAli Sun 05-Dec-10 10:27:36

If I put salary sacrifice employer vouchers towards the cost of child care payments can I still claim child care tax credits? Am due back in work in March and just trying to get my head around it, this whole system is so confusing....

riksti Sun 05-Dec-10 12:23:55

No, you can't get tax relief on vouchers and tax credits on the same amount. It is an either/or situation. Well, more or less... as everything with tax credits there can be complications. Some basic information can be found here and there's also a calculator on HMRC's website helping you decide whether you'd be better off choosing the childcare element of WTC or childcare vouchers.

And added complication is the pending changes to the whole tax credits system. Oh joy!

NovemberAli Sun 05-Dec-10 21:17:26

Thanks, that links really helpful. Now I just need to sit down and do some calculations, oh to have an accountant!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: