Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help! Christmas Fairy meets Scrooge

(2 Posts)
cruelladepoppins Thu 02-Dec-10 19:32:01

The grown-ups in my family have decided to limit our spending again this year so as to concentrate on the DCs.

Last year our limit was a tenner for grown-ups. This year we have gone further and agreed a fiver, tops. To put it mildly, this is a challenge and I'm looking for a few suggestions.

Have you seen anything fun/ quirky for grown-up women and men for under a fiver?

dbm Thu 02-Dec-10 20:04:28

does making some nice biscuits or a personal cake count if you buy a nice jar or tin to put it in? same concept with seeds for spring planting in a nice pot.
suss out the charity shops for containers of all shapes and sizes and then personalise them by adding something you've made your self
create gift vouchers eg one evening's babysitting; one hours cleaning etc - seems like a good idea although I'd always rather bake something than commit time later but thats me
good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now