Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Health In Pregnancy Grant - anything taking over this when it ends 1st Jan?

(7 Posts)
Fab123 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:22:10

I'm 6+3 weeks pregnant with my first and found out that I will miss out on this grant by 15 odd weeks as I won't be 25 weeks pregnant by 1st Jan 2011. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is something replacing this or whether I am just unlucky. I assume in a year or so something will replace it (there used to be cash into a bank account before this, wasn't there?) but feel a little miffed that pure chance may have put me and bub's at a disadvantage.

Any advice would be appreciated!

llareggub Wed 01-Dec-10 16:25:15

Nothing. It is the age of austerity you know.

going Wed 01-Dec-10 16:27:13

I don't think anything will replace it. It's not been around very long anyway, didn't have it with ds who is 2 1/2.

Fab123 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:34:51

So it is just luck of the draw whether you get extras or not depending on the Governments moods? Seems quite ridiculous. I think I still get free dental in a few weeks, if I can find an NHS dentist that is!

llareggub Wed 01-Dec-10 17:40:10

I'm afraid it is the fault of all those people who voted Tory or Lib Dem. If you were one of them, then you should congratulate yourself for getting what you voted for. If you didn't vote for them then blame away.

SaorAlba Wed 01-Dec-10 17:42:11

There is still the Sure Start Maternity Grant for those on low incomes.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Be nefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringin gupchildren/DG_10018854

Fab123 Wed 01-Dec-10 19:03:52

Thanks SaorAlba - will look into it. I did'nt know about that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now