Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Need a good Conveyencing Solicitor ASAP!!

(3 Posts)
CJ2010 Mon 29-Nov-10 18:02:26

Help! DP and I have accepted an offer on our flat and we now need to find a solicitor. We've had a quote from a solicitor which the estate agents got for us- it came in at £800 -is this about right? However, I want to search around.

we've never sold a property before so we're clueless about this next stage.

Can anyone recommend a good one? Do you need to use a local one? We live in kent.

Grateful for any advice

Rangirl Tue 30-Nov-10 10:22:31

Unfortunately as I am in Scotland I cannot be your good conveyancing solicitor.It really is best to try and get a personal recomendation if at all possible.Can you ask around at work or among other mums.It can be quite a stressful time so it helps if you get on well with the solicitor.Is the 800 inclusive of outlays and VAT.Make sure you know so you are comparing like for like Also it can be true that you get what you pay for so the cheapest might not always be the best option.Have all the relevant info available eg mortgage details etc Good luck

redllamayellowllama Wed 01-Dec-10 14:56:03

If you're still looking, I can heartily recommend my Stepfather. He's very good and incredibly diligent. He is also very good at communicating and getting stuff done. I'm not sure that the rate would be much different, but you would certainly get an excellent service. Woodfords Solicitors, Fulham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now