Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

paye for job in UK

(5 Posts)
blueberrysorbet Mon 29-Nov-10 15:12:48

If you return to the UK to work do you get taxed on the salary you earnt out of the UK? and how do they work the paye for the new job as there isn't a p45? if anyone can help that would be great.... thx

blueberrysorbet Mon 29-Nov-10 19:22:05


scaryteacher Mon 29-Nov-10 20:30:18

PAYE for the new job will be on emergency code until they've verified you were abroad previously. Tax allowance will be apportioned according to the number of months left in the financial year.

If you'd paid tax on the out of UK salary, then I don't see how it can be taxed.

elvislives Mon 29-Nov-10 21:24:35

You need to fill in a form P86

see hmrc

riksti Tue 30-Nov-10 10:21:52

elvislives: P86 was withdrawn as of June this year. Instead they need to complete the form P46 and the employer establishes the tax code based on that. More info here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: