Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(5 Posts)
LittleMoosh Sat 13-Nov-10 12:14:36

I work full time and have done ever since I left school (with exception of Mat leave). Just lately I've been under immense pressure at work and them wanting/expecting me to work extra hours for nothing. This is difficult as I have 2 children and also doing home study. I hardly spend anytime with my kids and feel I'm missing out, also lots of money goes on childcare/out of school club fees.

My DH earns approx £22k gross p/a and wondered if anyone knows if we would be entitled to any benefits if I wasn't working?

I earn more than him, so obviously losing a large amount of money each month if I didn't work would be a big strain. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

elsiemarley Sat 13-Nov-10 12:41:35

Have a go on this website here it's fairy accurate in terms of what you can claim...

expatinscotland Sat 13-Nov-10 12:43:44

You might get some child tax credit. That's really about it.

How about if he quits and becomes a SAHD and takes some of the pressure.

Really not a good time to look to the state for benefits at this point in time, sadly. This government is going to cut a lot of them.

expatinscotland Sat 13-Nov-10 12:47:37

Looks like about £3500 in child tax credit and that is it.

knittakid Fri 26-Nov-10 11:34:13 Category/DG_172666

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: