Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tracking ones finances.

(6 Posts)
NightFury Thu 11-Nov-10 14:51:51

Basically I am not as good at this as I would like and I wondered if there were any good softwares out there that could help. I looked at MS MOney once but found it totally over the top for what I needed. Any recommendations or should I just perservere with Excel?!

Chil1234 Thu 11-Nov-10 18:20:19

I use MS Money, largely because I haven't found anything comparable. Once you've set up your accounts, regular deposits and direct debits etc., it's simpler than it might look at first.

Livingbytheriver Thu 11-Nov-10 20:02:34

I use excel...but then I am a bit of a sad geek with formulas here there and everywhere, I quite like it so I can see just what would happen if I spent such on such on a handbag (I wish) or whatever.

NightFury Thu 11-Nov-10 20:33:27

Nowt wrong with being a sad geek... Maybe I should give MS Money another go but last time I looked there were so many bells and whistles. Ah well. Thanks

LittleCheesyPineappleOne Thu 11-Nov-10 20:35:14

I have used MS Money for ever and loved it - in fact it was the main reason I didn't move over to a Mac. But MS have now withdrawn support for it, so now I've got my Mac, and I use ibank instead. It's fab, very easy to use, plenty of bells and whistles but you certainly don't need to use them all.

NightFury Thu 11-Nov-10 20:43:47

<<mosies off to google iBank>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now