Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is it possible for me to get copies of P45/P60?

(7 Posts)
Wallace Fri 19-Aug-05 18:48:49

I still haven't done my tax credits - dh can't find his P45 from one job, and his P60 for another. Is there anyway to get copies? SHoul;d I try the tax office, or from his employers?


spacecadet Fri 19-Aug-05 18:50:52

his employers should be able to get copies from the section that deals with his pay.

Wallace Fri 19-Aug-05 18:52:21


colditz Fri 19-Aug-05 19:04:33

he will have to write to his employers, they usually refuse to deal with it over the phone, then they will post the p60 to you.

I only know cos we had to do this.

lilibet Fri 19-Aug-05 19:09:04

No. I work in a payroll office and by law they shouldn't issue copies. If you ask them they will provide you with a letter detailing the same information


SaintGeorge Fri 19-Aug-05 20:05:53

Actually lilbet that has changed - they can issue a duplicate P60 as long as it is clearly marked as such.

Wallace Fri 19-Aug-05 21:16:36

That's great, I prefer writing anyway

Last year when I did the tax credits I swore I would be more organised this time round...I have been - I blame dh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: