Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

ebay/paypal query PLEASE HELP!!!!!

(11 Posts)
inkdrops Wed 04-Nov-09 23:36:37

Hope I have posted this in the right place!

I am totally new to ebay. Somebody please come and put my mind at rest. I have been having a long running dispute with an idiot on ebay who recieved my (large) amount of money for an item I bought off them, then did not send the item.

I opened a dispute after about 10 days for non receipt of the item. The seller wanted me to close the dispute before he agreed to send the item. After discovering I would not have a leg to stand on if I closed the dispute, I refused.

To cut a long story short, after nearly 4 weeks of badgering the seller, he has sent me a box of wood and rags, etc, by recorded delivery!!

I have escalated the dispute and threatened with the police, but the seller is claiming that I AM BEING FRAUDULENT AND MAKING A FALSE CLAIM TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND TO KEEP THE ITEM [ANGRY]!!!!!!!! COMPLETE LIAR [ANGRY] [ANGRY]

I am now totally sick with worry that I am not going to receive a full refund. I know I should be protected by paypal, but will I get back all my money??

Has anyone been through a similar situation regarding getting a refund. Am I entitled to a full refund?

I can not believe such liars and fraudsters can get away with this. This is my first and last time using ebay.

PLEASE HELP

inkdrops Wed 04-Nov-09 23:37:14

oops I meant angry

FluffysBeenBittenByAVampire Wed 04-Nov-09 23:43:40

I think you have to contact EBay and pay pal, you should be able to get a refund.

How horrible for you though sad

inkdrops Wed 04-Nov-09 23:48:41

Thanks FBBBAV. I have contacted both ebay and paypal but they say it could be sometime in December before they can sort it out.

I really need advice form someone who this has (unfortunately) happened to before.

Anyone out there?sad

Octothechildherder Wed 04-Nov-09 23:55:06

My husband bought a golf club off ebay and it turned out to be fake. Paypal and ebay sorted it out in the end - take pics of what was sent and keep all emails. Keep in touch with paypal - make sure you are fully communicating and fulfil everything they ask. We were told to destroy the golf club by paypal, take photos of it destroyed etc etc - the guy still wanted it back and said would raise a dispute if we destroyed it - complete idiot!!

They want you to close the dispute because their account will be frozen at the moment - ignore them! Stand up for yourself and make sure you leave neg feedback.

inkdrops Thu 05-Nov-09 00:01:33

Octo - God thats awful. How long did it take to sort out?

inkdrops Thu 05-Nov-09 00:09:42

bump. Anyone else any experience

Octothechildherder Thu 05-Nov-09 00:27:03

From lodging the claim about 4 weeks. Had to sign affidavits etc to say the club was faulty and get expert statement etc - it looked perfect but rusted when dh took it on the course -some clubs are meant to rust (honestly) but not this one - it was made out of the wrong type of metal hence why they knew it was a fake - then other bits seemed obvious too.

Octothechildherder Thu 05-Nov-09 00:27:50

Normal person may not notice - but as dh collects putters - he knew as soon as he played with it.

perfectstorm Fri 06-Nov-09 02:20:30

I'd contact the police. It's not a trading dispute, it's theft and deception. And a police report number is good evidence to give to Ebay/Paypal, too.

taytotayto Mon 09-Nov-09 13:03:59

inkdrops how are you ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now