Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can you get help for costs for divorce?

(5 Posts)
Kerrymumbles Wed 04-Nov-09 16:06:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kerrymumbles Wed 04-Nov-09 17:18:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumofsatan Thu 05-Nov-09 06:26:49

can't help with the costs in Ireland but can advise that if in England or Wales the costs for acting in person would be around £375 (don't know exact costs as not issued for a while)
However in England (and Wales) if you are unemployed you are 'fee exempt' and can normally complete a form which means you don't need to pay the Court fees (fees on issue of petition, a swear fee and then fee for applying for Decree Absolute)
Definitely worth you enquiring at the Court office there if they have a similar scheme. Perhaps your H did not say you were unemployed when he made his enquiries

Kerrymumbles Thu 05-Nov-09 12:43:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumofsatan Thu 05-Nov-09 15:55:14

you will have to check that as England and Wales have a slightly different system to Scotland so may not be the same in N Ireland

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: