Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Help what are my rights?

(6 Posts)
loganberry12 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:03:47

im not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes. I live in a house association home and my boiler has broken. I have had no hot water or heating for 3 days now and i have a 6 week old baby. To cut a long story short they are sending out a surveyor some time today fingers crossed to asses the situation and hopefully get me a new boiler which will probably take another couple of days till its fitted. In the mean time i am using electric fan heaters which are costing a fortune to run and im on a electric meter and low income. Basically what are my rights are they obliged to temporally re-house us till its sorted, because of the baby?

kcartyparty Thu 29-Oct-09 22:08:37

Did you get your boiler fixed today?

I do hope so

onadietcokebreak Thu 29-Oct-09 22:10:52

Sorry I dont know the answer but maybe contact shelter for advice on your housing rights.

loganberry12 Fri 30-Oct-09 13:25:12

no they still have not sorted it out they are now saying they cant do anything till tuesday and they dont work weekends great !!

fridayschild Fri 30-Oct-09 13:35:14

What does your lease say about who is supposed to maintain the boiler?

loganberry12 Fri 30-Oct-09 18:18:51

the landlord is which is moat housing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now