Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

enhance crb check

(8 Posts)
crbchecked Sat 17-Oct-09 18:16:23

My DH has got to undergo an enhanced crb check for working with children in a school environment. He has 6 points for speeding but also a fine for having no tv licence about 18 months ago. DOes anyone know if this will appear on an enhanced check? Will they consider it relevant to his job and what are the chances of him getting a job in a school.

TIA

MaureenMLove Sat 17-Oct-09 18:38:03

I did interviews yesterday for a school worker, with the head of HR. One of the important questions she asked was, 'do you have anything that will appear on an enhanced CRB?' She said that, these days, it shows everything from a parking ticket up! She did also say that obviously this would not effect a persons chance of a job at our school, but that they should declare it.

HTH

MrsJamesMartin Sat 17-Oct-09 18:47:08

An enhanced check looks particularly for charges and offences relating to children and vulnerable adults aswell as the normal stuff .

Judd Sat 17-Oct-09 18:57:35

Hi, I processed 200 CRB checks this year, and not one of them came back with note of a speeding fine or lack of TV licence, FWIW. I either had a very angelic group of people, or it would suggest that they don't show up!
However, your DH could declare them just to be on the safe side, and show his honesty

Declaring these things or indeed having them show up on a CRB check shouldn't affect his chances of working with children in a school.

MaureenMLove Sat 17-Oct-09 19:08:53

Since you're here Judd wink what's the average turn around for a CRB these days? Need to get someone CRB'ed for Guiding before January. Have I still got plenty of time! grin

crbchecked Sat 17-Oct-09 19:22:37

Thank you, just so worried that one piece of forgetfulness might prevent him getting a job he really wants.

mommabird Sat 17-Oct-09 19:29:06

they might show up, i can't remember! i do know though that there are certain things that will be flagged up on a crb check which will not stop you from getting a job working with children.

usually, drug convictions or anything to do with violence (abh, gbh etc) will give you little or no chance of a job, but other things may not be so important. speeding or having no tv licence should be fine, i'm sure! i would tell them though, just to be completely honest.

Judd Wed 21-Oct-09 12:59:35

Hi,
I just got a check back today through the post - date of CRB issue is 15th and I sent it off on the 30th Sept. So that's only about a fortnight, but she has had them done before.
Just out of interest, the headings reported on have changed, as the Vetting and Barring list information has now started. So it gives ISA Children's Barred List information and ISA Vulnerable Adults Barred List information (if you've requested it). The other headings are the same.
I can't see a special ISA number though, which I thought you got when you'd been checked against the ISA list. I might try and find out, and can post if I get any useful information.
Hope that helps, Maureen ! Does seem as if they are still getting through quite quickly......although if V&B started on the 12th, this one was already most of the way through presumably.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now