Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Car accident, am I allowed to see the witness statement?

(4 Posts)
PickledGerkin Mon 12-Oct-09 10:16:07

I was involved in a car accident a couple of weeks ago, luckily very minor.

A chap told me he saw everything and said he believed it was 50/50 fault wise.

My insurance company have just rang me to say the witness (and there was only this one) said it was totally my fault shock

Started to wonder whether this was actually my insurance company ringing me or whether someone was fishing for my confession.

Am I allowed to request to see the witness statement?

I lost my mobile phone signal so the call was cut short and I am at work at my desk so didn't want to have to call them back. Am typing this on my break so will have to check back later.

Thanks for any help

wingandprayer Mon 12-Oct-09 10:20:15

I think you can ask you insurance company for copy after all it's in their favour to help you fight it. I had similar situation earlier this year but without witness and I was saw other party's statement. Given the circumstances, who does your insurance company think was at fault?

BexieID Mon 12-Oct-09 10:23:45

If it was your insurance company phoning, they would have asked for all your details for security reasons.

PickledGerkin Mon 12-Oct-09 12:44:30

Thanks, it is my first ever accident, can't you tell?

I will contact the insurance company tonight when I am home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now