Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

DHL have lost my belongings - what now?

(6 Posts)
SuperBunny Mon 05-Oct-09 22:20:07

I shipped some stuff with them, most arrived but 2 boxes were damaged and had things missing (DS's books, toys etc). I contacted DHL and they told me to email them with specific info, which I did but they are not getting back to me. This has been going on for 10 weeks now and I don't know what is happening.

If they can't help me over the phone and won't respond to emails (which is how they requested this was all dealt with), what do I do now?

Hassled Mon 05-Oct-09 22:22:57

You issue proceedings in the Small Claims Court. Or at least write to them, by recorded delivery, telling them that if they don't respond to your concerns by X date, you will be issuing proceedings in the Small Claims Court.

SuperBunny Mon 05-Oct-09 22:30:17

Oh, I didn't want it to come to that. But I there seems to be no other way. Thanks sad

Hassled Mon 05-Oct-09 22:34:49

Either that or you write to something like the letters page in the money supplement of a broadsheet newspaper - the Observer and Saturday Guardian both do a sort of money issues problem page. If you're lucky, they'll be named and shamed in the national press and the boxes will mysteriously appear.

midlandsmumof4 Tue 06-Oct-09 00:48:14

They should have issued you with a claims form to complete in the first instance.

midlandsmumof4 Tue 06-Oct-09 00:53:04

Did you sign to say that some boxes were damaged? They should have issued you with a claims form to complete in the first instance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now