Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

*Divorce Question* Will the Judge/legal people, actually take notice that......

(6 Posts)
timetogetthingsmoving Mon 05-Oct-09 15:30:48

my Husband gave up his job, and so pays no child maintenance. Even tho he worked for years? He suddelnly became ill, and then resigned!

It is my belief that he has done this, so that he doesn't have to pay out any money. I gave up my job to be a sahm, ( was more than happy to do that!) and one of our children is disabled..(higher rate mobility and care). Of course he won't have to pay me any, 'spousal maintenanc' either. And can claim legal aid.

The House is paid for, so no mortgage.

He has been a prized arse! The older two Children don't want anything to do with him. The Only ones who have contact are the youngest, (11 years) and my child with special needs.

He also said that his parental responsiblity for our child with special needs finishes when she is 18! Charming!

I just want someone to take notice of what he has done, but do you think they will? I am just waiting for himself and his trollop to pretend that they have split up, again, so that her income wont be taken into account!

Decree nisi was sworn by me last week - and am due to go to mediation. But not to go for the final bit of the divorce until finances sorted.

TIA

sorry if this is a bit vague, I'm always paranoid that I'll be reconized!!

fuzzywuzzy Mon 05-Oct-09 15:43:10

Ask your barrister to mention it when yougo for the final hearing (the finance bit). Can your ex produce doctors medical certificate showing he has a debilitating illness which prevents him from working?

The courts can't make him give you any moeny if he shows he has no savings etc.

Have you applied to the CSA yet?

timetogetthingsmoving Mon 05-Oct-09 16:00:32

Thankks Fuzzy,
right ok. I shall also mention it when I go for my Mediation session.

I'm sure he can produce a record of sick notes. ( he went sick, then resigned) not sure if he got reduncancy or not?

I understand that if he shows he has no money, then he can't give me any. In the same way I would hope that the courts wouldnt say I would have to sell the house to give him any!

Thanks again for getting back to mee.

oh and yes, i applied to the csa.. and am now in receipt of £20 a month for 4 Children!

pleasechange Mon 05-Oct-09 16:14:05

"I just want someone to take notice of what he has done, but do you think they will? I am just waiting for himself and his trollop to pretend that they have split up, again, so that her income wont be taken into account!"

Should it be taken into account?

timetogetthingsmoving Mon 05-Oct-09 18:34:21

allnew... I really am not overly bothered about whether or not her income should be taken into account or not. If it is then I won't be complaining. It doesn't really matter anyway because she has taken redundancy too.

I was merely pointing out that when they realize that her income/savings may be taken into account, they would say they had spliit up.

babybarrister Tue 13-Oct-09 13:04:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now