Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

I'm helping a single mum friend by letting her stay in my house - but how can she get a proof of address?

(3 Posts)
mamusia Thu 01-Oct-09 11:12:49

My friend desparetly needed help so she's staying with me and i'm looking after her baby while she's getting a job and untill she gets her own place - but she's often asked for proof of address - what should we do? She's not renting a room from me so getting some legal agreement document and paying for it doesn't seem to make sense - or maybe it does?

mrspnut Thu 01-Oct-09 11:14:26

Does she have a driving license? she could get that transferred to your address, or ring child benefit and change her address there and ask them to confirm it by letter.

mamusia Thu 01-Oct-09 11:20:54

good idea, thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: