Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

First Appointment

(5 Posts)
chachachachangedit Mon 28-Sep-09 14:03:07

I have my First Appointment in 2 weeks, and still have not seen my ex h's financial statement, is this right? I've got a feeling I should have seen it by now. My solicitor is crap!!

DLI Mon 28-Sep-09 19:37:57

your original court order setting all dates out should say when you are to receive his financial statement. i would be getting your solicitor to chase his,

mumoverseas Tue 29-Sep-09 09:37:57

Form E's normally have to be filed and served (exchanged with other party) 35 days prior to the First Appointment.
The normal practice is then to prepare questionaires/request for documentation based on the contents of the other partys Form E and these are normally exchanged and filed at Court 14 days prior to the hearing. They do not need to be replied to before the hearing as at the hearing the District Judge will go through them and decide whether all the questions should be answered and will then make an order setting out timescales for replying.

Sounds like you need to be chasing your Solicitor regarding this as it will be a total waste of your time and money to attend Court if there has been no financial disclosure. Has your Form E been sent to your ex? The statements should normally be exchanged simultaneously.

As DLI says, the notice of First appointment sets out all the relevant dates with regards to the filing and serving of documents.

chachachachangedit Tue 29-Sep-09 21:22:32

thanks both, I sent my Form E to my solicitor weeks ago, and have heard nothing since!

mumoverseas Wed 30-Sep-09 05:41:09

sounds like you need to chase your solicitor and remind him/her of the forthcoming First Appointment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now