Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Separated - husband wants to disclaim rights on property

(3 Posts)
clarabeaux Sun 27-Sep-09 10:46:44

Hubby and I separated a month ago. We have a joint mortgage - although he does not contribute any money to it. He wants me to continue paying the mortgage and is happy to renounce all his rights to it. Is there a way we can do this without paying for a transfer of title deeds to my name and me ending up having to apply for a new mortgage in my name only. He is happy to write a letter renouncing all rights to the property, but would this be legally binding, if the house was to be sold in the future.

DLI Sun 27-Sep-09 17:41:31

it's not legally binding until you get a divorce and enter into a Consent Order. he still can have a claim against the property even if it is transferred into your name as it is classed as matrimonial assets.

babybarrister Fri 02-Oct-09 21:01:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now