Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Neighbour putting camera up, can i do anything?

(4 Posts)
kittycatty Thu 10-Sep-09 15:13:02

My neigbour is installing a camara on the front of their house. As we share a drive and gates this means it will show who comes and goes to my house.

Some people might think im being pathetic but my neigbour is very nosey. If someone knocks at my side door (which is oppersite hers) she always comes out to nosey and then hangs around pretending to do stuff so she can listen in.

Im not doing anything wrong but feel this is invaiding on my privacy.

Tortington Thu 10-Sep-09 15:15:24

i think as long as its not pointing at someone elses property its ok

in your situation i would phone environmental health and see what they say

kittycatty Thu 10-Sep-09 15:19:29

Thanks i will do

Fizzylemonade Thu 10-Sep-09 16:56:17

Kittycatty, do you share a single drive that then broadens out or is it a double width drive?

I believe with CCTV that they have to have it aimed at just their property and can't just point it out into the road to see who is coming and going.

I know it can be really frustrating but they are obviously very sad and have no lives if they are interested in your comings and goings.

When I was a little girl, every time we got into our car and reversed off the drive the neighbour opposite would pop up at her window to see what was going on. I'm not talking twitching the nets back I am talking brazen full on stand in the window.

My Dad would say "Wave to Linda" and all 3 of us children (knowing no better as we thought we were being friendly) would wave enthusiastically and grin. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now