Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can anyone advise re sale of goods etc please?

(4 Posts)
HelenaBonhamCarter Thu 10-Sep-09 14:39:06

Basically I just sold something privately and was paid in cash. The buyer inspected it and was happy with it.
I put it in a box with a bit of bubble wrap - not much - and she asked me to put it in her boot, which I did, but it looked like it might fall over or something as there was nothing to stop it.

She said 'Oh it will be fine' and drove off. Now I am having that sinking feeling about this one, that she is going to go round a corner, the whole thing tips up and takes a knock, and she says 'Oh it has got a crack in it, that must have been there when you sold it to me'.

I just wanted to make sure she can't do that!! I hate buying and selling stuff. I always get nervous about it.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 10-Sep-09 17:56:11

In future take photos from all angles of the item so you can prove it was fine when it left you.

A lady came and bought somethings off me, would have been over £300 to buy new and I sold for about £150. She left her glasses on the car roof and drove off, we found them smashed. I felt so sorry for her.

HelenaBonhamCarter Thu 10-Sep-09 18:16:58

That is sad about the glasses.

I do have pictures of the thing, from all angles, as it was listed on ebay but she contacted me as she lives locally and asked to come and see it. She then said could she buy it so I said Ok.

The photos are dated too but not close up so it would have to be minor damage, like an almost invisible hairline crack, for it not to show.

Thanks, I feel a bit better knowing I have pics!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 10-Sep-09 18:41:51

Good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now