Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

What conditions make you eligable for a speed awareness course?

(5 Posts)
whoingodsnameami Fri 28-Aug-09 11:25:34

The postman bought me a speeding fine this morning, seems I went 35mph in a 30 zone, I am still on my probation untill Oct, the letter states I can apply to do a speeding awareness course instead of recieving 3 points, and they will let me know if I am eligable, but it does'nt state what positions are eligable, does anyone know?

geogteach Fri 28-Aug-09 11:38:13

I did one, they said there are different ones available, on mine everyone had been driving 20+ years and it was a first offence.

Wilts Fri 28-Aug-09 11:39:44

I did one for my second offence. Dh was not offered one though ( first offence). I don't think every county offers them from what they were saying, so depends where you were caught.

whoingodsnameami Fri 28-Aug-09 12:41:02

Thanks

SalVolatile Wed 02-Sep-09 22:05:18

Yes, the letter means you can apply to do a speed awareness course rather than receive points: eligibility will depend on whether or not you have completed such a course in the past. You will need to find the fee for the course and that is usually more than the fixed penalty charge though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now