Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Help any legal bods know how to fill in an appeal form, its all in lawyer language!

(8 Posts)
littleducks Thu 13-Aug-09 21:04:23

Magistrates court have sent out an appeal form for case to be transferred to crown court, but it is all fill in the blanks

iT reads:

To the clerk of the Magistrates Court sitting at

in the County of Buckingham

and to the

of

in the county of Buckingham,

Is it right to put the location of the mag court was case was judged in first blank (Aylesbury?) and who goes in the second blank???

SomeGuy Fri 14-Aug-09 22:24:05

I'm sure if you call them they will be helpful.

littleducks Sat 15-Aug-09 18:55:14

The court wont give 'legal advice' (wish the just included a guide with their forms) and we cant afford solictor

SomeGuy Sat 15-Aug-09 23:17:28

eh? It's not legal advice. Legal advice would be on the law of your case, not procedural crap.

They should certainly help you fill in the form.

Spero Sat 15-Aug-09 23:28:38

Agree with some guy, go to the court office and ask them what goes on the form - I don't understand why they haven't filled this bit in already. I assume there is only one local Crown court, and that would go in the second bit??

This is purely admin and the court office should do it or tell you what to write. Otherwise you might put the wrong court and all sorts of hassle ensues..

littleducks Sat 15-Aug-09 23:42:13

I havent got a clue what goes in second bit, could be the court or possibly the details of CPS but they were adament it wasnt their job, if we want to appeal its our responsibility

SomeGuy Sun 16-Aug-09 11:39:15

who was adamant? They should certainly help you.

meep Sun 16-Aug-09 11:44:34

does this help - if the form has a number you can search for it and get guidance.

If not your local CAB office should be able to give you free help to fill the form in

But agree - the local court should help with basic form filling as it is not legal advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now