Advanced search

Freeholder and massive damp issues - please help!

(4 Posts)
Bigbus Mon 15-Feb-21 22:12:01

I own a flat which I rent out and for the last 18 months (since the freeholder converted the loft) the flat has had horrendous damp issues. I’ve tried lots of things, the freeholder accepted responsibility and got some damp proofing done but it’s worse than ever. I’m about to lose my third tenant and I’ve lost over £10,000 so far. This is supposed to be an investment with inheritance money for my kids future and it’s all pretty horrendous. I think I need legal advice now but I don’t know where to start. Does anyone have any advice?

OP’s posts: |
Collaborate Tue 16-Feb-21 09:19:45

Go straight to instructing a solicitor. Have a look on here for solicitors specialising in property litigation near you.

CrotchetyQuaver Tue 16-Feb-21 09:23:30

Do you have access to legal advice via your house insurance?

Bigbus Wed 17-Feb-21 06:50:37

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ll have a look at the website and find someone. Insurance wise I only have landlords contents insurance. The buildings insurance is through the freeholder. I’ve emailed the management company threatening legal action and they’ve got back to me and said they’ll send a surveyor.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in