Advanced search

Financial Remedy Order with no assets

(5 Posts)
HotCupOfNo Wed 20-Jan-21 11:45:40

I've also posted in divorce/separation but thought someone here might also be able to help me.

Ex and I have been separated a long time and had no assets. It was a short marriage.

He is not agreeing to sign a clean break and won't apply for the Absolute (he's the petitioner and also an arsehole and has basically bribed me - he won't sign anything without a huge payout) so I will need to apply for a financial order and act as litigant in person. I'm not really too concerned about court as it's not a complex situation, but I am worried about how much time it will take as I want to remarry.

Does the lack of complexity mean that the court process will be over with quicker? Does anyone have any experience of this?

I'm tearing my hair out.

OP’s posts: |
Collaborate Wed 20-Jan-21 14:43:21

If you do it all online it might go through very quickly - 4 months for a colleague of mine on one of her cases.

You can remarry without the finances being dealt with, but issue your financial remedy application first.

WorkingItOutAsIGo Wed 20-Jan-21 14:50:44

That’s not bribery, it’s blackmail!

HotCupOfNo Wed 20-Jan-21 16:16:16

Thanks @Collaborate, good advice. I will also apply for an Absolute but I understand it's more complicated because I didn't file the original petition for the divorce. So I'll have to have two things going through the courts simultaneously. It's all quite confusing.

OP’s posts: |
HotCupOfNo Wed 20-Jan-21 16:17:31

@WorkingItOutAsIGo Yep! But completely legal blackmail. It's quite shocking and I can't believe he has the gall to think I owe him anything when he doesn't even pay CMS.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in