Advanced search

What does a Child Consent to Travel letter look like?

(6 Posts)
SpideyMom Fri 18-Oct-19 12:52:52


I posted here a few weeks ago, but my post on lone parents got all the traffic.
I will try and keep this short. My DS dad has been absent from his life now for 4 years and has made no attempt at a relationship. I have not prevented one, I have just never begged him to have one
Recently I requested his consent to take my child on holiday, as he has PR. He spent weeks answering sporadically, with questions and not answers. Last night he became really aggressive over email. I have not exchanged anything nasty and kept it to the point of our shared son. A further few email exchanges on I have finally been given his permission to allow our son to travel on holiday. He said he will not agree to his name change though, which is fine, as permission is what is most important here.

My only concern is it is a 1 line email saying he has no issues with me taking him on holiday. Will this be enough, or does he have to write an actual letter with child's name etc?
I have seen examples online but they all specify travel destinations and dates. I really dont want to go to him every time we want to travel. The control he has taken from me requesting his permission has been unbelievable. It has been awful really how he has been.

Can he not provide me with a blanket email/letter to cover me for ongoing travel? And what does it need to contain?


OP’s posts: |
Collaborate Fri 18-Oct-19 13:17:45

That should be enough for this trip at least.

dementedpixie Fri 18-Oct-19 13:24:40

You could go to court to get a child arrangement order and if you have that you can go abroad for up to 28 days without separate permission each time

SpideyMom Fri 18-Oct-19 13:33:11

@dementedpixie oh really. Surely this email of consent too should make them issuing an order straigh forward too?

OP’s posts: |
SpideyMom Fri 18-Oct-19 13:38:07

Sorry, but just so I know what would his letter need to cover/include for ongoing travel, not just single trips

OP’s posts: |
SpideyMom Fri 18-Oct-19 17:49:05

Sorry for another message but ideally I would like to request he write and letter go consent, which covers ongoing travel. I feel as he has now consented I need to request this from him now rather than wait a few weeks.

What does his consent letter have to contain so I can inform him what he needs to write.


OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in