Advanced search

Litigant in person costs for Form H

(4 Posts)
trendingsomewhere Wed 16-Oct-19 10:52:27

Hi, I'm currently filling this in for court...all the info I can find online seems very old...Can someone advise?
Is it worth bothering with? I am currently doing about a day a week on average on my divorce, shocking I know, but I am slow as I am not good at admin! (Plus getting my head around the system).

OP’s posts: |
Cannotresist Sat 19-Oct-19 10:36:57

Your an LIP you don’t have “costs” ( ie costs you are claiming on top to pay for your solicitor ) So no you don’t fill in this form.

prh47bridge Sat 19-Oct-19 12:25:58

Your an LIP you don’t have “costs”


A litigant in person can claim costs under Civil Procedure Rules 46.5. These costs cover the same categories of work and disbursements as if they had been represented. They can also claim for any legal services they have paid for in connection with the case.

For their own time, an LIP can claim for any financial loss they can prove provided it does not exceed two-thirds of the amount it would have cost using a lawyer. If the LIP cannot prove a financial loss they can claim £19/hour.

trendingsomewhere Sat 19-Oct-19 22:40:05

Thanks for the replies

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in