Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know if this is possible?

(10 Posts)
Skidamarinkadoo Tue 10-Sep-19 20:24:18

Had a phone call with cafcass this morning about a recent incident with ex. Ex is currently taking me to court about something unrelated (and incredibly petty). The cafcass person thinks it’s possible for me to get this issue heard at the same hearing without having to pay for another application, she said she thinks there’s a form I can fill out. Will be talking to citizens advice about it but thought I’d check here in case anyone knows whether or not this is actually possible

Collaborate Tue 10-Sep-19 22:22:23

Impossible to answer. There’s simply insufficient detail. If he’s applying for more time with children and the something that has happened is relevant to that then you won’t have to issue an application. If however you want the court to make a different kind of s8 order (so prohibited steps or specific issue order) you’d normally be expected to issue a further application.

Skidamarinkadoo Wed 11-Sep-19 07:21:45

@Collaborate
He’s applying to try to stop me from getting our son counselling

The incident involves him allowing one of my family members access to DS when he knows there was a history of serious abuse so I want it put into the order that he can’t allow that relative contact with DS

Collaborate Wed 11-Sep-19 07:53:43

He’s applied for a specific issue order. You want a prohibited steps order. Unless the judge accepts verbal notification at a hearing (and records such in the order) I’d be issuing an application on form C2 if I were you.

Skidamarinkadoo Wed 11-Sep-19 07:59:41

@collaborate
Thanks! Do you know how much it costs for that?

Collaborate Wed 11-Sep-19 08:05:05

£155. See “applications within proceedings” in this assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/789201/ex50-eng.pdf

Sunflowers211 Wed 11-Sep-19 08:16:02

Why does he not want your son to have counselling @Skidamarinkadoo ?

MrsBertBibby Wed 11-Sep-19 12:11:34

You can apply for court fee exemption/reduction. Form ex160

Skidamarinkadoo Wed 11-Sep-19 12:41:19

@Sunflowers211 because apparently his mental health is fine and I’m making it all up but having counselling will ‘put ideas in his head and make him suicidal’ hmm

@MrsBertBibby brilliant thanks!

Sunflowers211 Wed 11-Sep-19 18:38:55

@Skidamarinkadoo oh that is awful, he is an idiot, any judge in the land would not prevent this especially if it going to benefit your DS. Best of luck thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »