Talk

Advanced search

Social media humiliation

(10 Posts)
Mummaaon Sun 24-Mar-19 17:03:30

Hey, does anyone know where one would stand if someone is being publicly humiliated on social media eg Instagram and Facebook?

Where are you rights, is this allowed? What can be done to stop this.

Babyornotbaby Sun 24-Mar-19 17:06:05

In what sense?

YouSayRisottoIsayRisotto Sun 24-Mar-19 17:08:00

I think it will probably depend on the nature of the bullying.

Can you give some ideas without being too identifying?

MrsChollySawcutt Sun 24-Mar-19 17:08:05

Wouldn't removing yourself from social media be the simplest way to stop it?

LikeACowsOpinion Sun 24-Mar-19 17:11:17

It completely depends on what's being said and in what way.

Can you give more details?

TheFlis12345 Sun 24-Mar-19 17:13:27

Humiliated as in embarrassing photos shared? Or more like lies being posted about them? It will largely come down to whatever has been posted being true or not.

Mummaaon Sun 24-Mar-19 17:23:09

@MrsChollySawcutt I have removed myself from social media, however others haven't.

I've decided not to look to protect myself but when it affects my children reading false allegations and personal things then it begins to cause me real concern

Mummaaon Sun 24-Mar-19 17:25:42

@TheFlis12345 not photos, false views about me as a person, but really personal. Fabrication of events, others involving themselves on a personal matter to whom some I've never even met. I live in a small city with children and actually worried about leaving the house.

floppyflappy Sun 24-Mar-19 17:29:07

CAB advice on cyber bullying/harrassment: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/taking-action-about-discrimination/taking-action-about-harassment/

anything of use there?

Mummaaon Sun 24-Mar-19 17:34:51

@floppyflappy thank you I'll take a look now smile x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »