Advanced search

Error on divorce papers

(6 Posts)
Sundaychiller Sun 24-Mar-19 12:56:14

I am completing the form to apply for decree nisi and my exh's middle name has an error on the court papers.
If I correct it in section 2 of the form will they have to serve him new papers and slow everything down, shall I just ignore it but then worried divorce will not be legal

MrsBertBibby Mon 25-Mar-19 06:51:28

Did you put it incorrectly in the petition or have the court entered it incorrectly?

Collaborate Mon 25-Mar-19 07:47:00

What is the spelling in the marriage certificate?

Sundaychiller Mon 25-Mar-19 08:22:14

The court have entered it incorrectly, it is correct on the marriage cert

Collaborate Mon 25-Mar-19 09:45:12

Just point it out to the court when filing your nisi application. If it's the fault of the court they will simply correct it.

Sundaychiller Mon 25-Mar-19 12:16:19

Great thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »