Talk

Advanced search

Cost of roof tiles

(8 Posts)
nearlybird Sat 23-Mar-19 15:51:37

Hello Mums,

I was wondering how much it should cost to replace 2 roof tiles on a house. Were we ripped off when we were charged £240 today?
I only just got in, and my partner let some guy waving a CheckaTrader leaflet fix the roof.

I have no idea how much we should have paid - please put my mind at rest.

redastherose Sun 24-Mar-19 22:10:15

Sounds really expensive to me. Sure it depends on areas but I live somewhere not cheap and it cost £80 for two tiles (out of stock unusual tiles which had to be sourced) and 2 visits to see what was needed and then returned to fit.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 24-Mar-19 22:12:59

Were the tiles made from unicorn skin?

greenelephantscarf Sun 24-Mar-19 22:16:22

is that only the cost for the tiles? that would be quite expensive (unless it's super duper extra special tiles)
together with labour that price is more realistic.

nearlybird Mon 25-Mar-19 16:01:59

Hello everyone, thanks for all your replies.

It's just an ordinary, normal house roof, nothing special (no unicorn skin!) The price did include securing/concreting 16 more tiles that were loose, plus labour cost. That sounds better doesn't it?

Looking back at your replies, I am even more convinced our man was an opportunist!

prh47bridge Mon 25-Mar-19 17:00:40

So he secured 16 loose tiles and replaced two for £240 including labour and materials? That sounds like a decent price to me.

redastherose Tue 26-Mar-19 08:54:57

Yep after the update it sounds about right to me too. It wasn't just 2 roof tiles it was work on 18 and replace 2, an entirely different scenario.

Ariela Tue 26-Mar-19 09:33:16

Not too bad especially as it sounds like £200 + VAT.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: