Talk

Advanced search

Will a judge keep siblings together

(8 Posts)
tilly1989 Wed 20-Mar-19 03:00:47

Last Thursday my ex partner executed his parental right and took my 1 year old from the family home, my 7 year old is still with me and is heart broken about losing her sister, I have an appointment with a solicitor on Thursday who said we need to make an emergency arrangement order, what are the chances of a judge going in my favor on the grounds of me not wanting siblings to be separated, what evidence do I need to gather to get my daughter back

slipperywhensparticus Wed 20-Mar-19 03:24:43

On what grounds did he take her is he giving you access?

Boredgiraffes Wed 20-Mar-19 03:27:54

Are social services involved? What are his reasons? To little info to give an objective response

tilly1989 Wed 20-Mar-19 03:30:30

Social services are involved but not willing to do anything because he made false domestic abuse claims to them 10 days before leaving, I haven't been given a reason for him taking her other than it's his parental right

tilly1989 Wed 20-Mar-19 03:31:58

Also I haven't contacted him about seeing because I don't want to risk him accusing me of harassment, I honestly don't know what to do or how long it's going to take

Boredgiraffes Wed 20-Mar-19 03:36:34

It’s not his parental right as you are the child’s mum. Social services must believe his claim to have not intervened, so you do need to defend yourself here. The lack of asking for contact will not be seen as favourable to to the courts, they will see it as you don’t care (professional opinion only). You need to fight

BubblesBuddy Wed 20-Mar-19 14:51:23

Both parents have rights but the nature of visits and residence arrangements need to be agreed between the parents. If he has grabbed the baby then you need to do what the solicitor says. You need to establish that residency should be with you for both children. Frequency of visits to dad need to be agreed. It’s usual for siblings to stay together but as you don’t say what SS involvement is, it’s difficult to know who this should be with.

RedHelenB Thu 21-Mar-19 06:18:18

Is he not the father of the 7 year old?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »