Talk

Advanced search

malicious claim against my car insurance

(16 Posts)
Bellasorellaa Wed 13-Mar-19 13:23:05

Hello please help regarding this, i am extremely angry and this is all for revenge.

I was pulling out of a petrol station when the car behind tried to be an ass and tried to not let me go, however i was already there she then drove beside my car on the other side of the road slightly then when a car came she moved into my car making my wing mirror bend back.

I open my window and said to her she just drove into my car and swore we then both drove off
i reported it to police as it was road rage and i got a number

a few month later my insurance wrote to me claiming she made a claim against me, i told them no damage to her car and if anything mine but i dont want to claim as it was minor.
I told them her claim was malicious,, provided the police number and stated i want this wiped off my insurance

my renewal is coming up so got an email, my insurance went from 700 to 1300
when enquiring my insurance told me they settled the claim in febraury due to damage she claimed against her car

They at no poount conatced me they were going to do this

so i phoned them obviously pissed off and they said they settled without prejudiced and will review it

i need to know how to deal with this?
this woman is malicious can i report to police for anything?
or courts?

surely people c

Bellasorellaa Wed 13-Mar-19 13:23:25

cant make false claims
how does this all work

pumpkinpie01 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:25:35

Are you insured through a broker or direct with the insurer ?

Bellasorellaa Wed 13-Mar-19 14:05:48

i'm with sheilas wheels which i think is Esure

pumpkinpie01 Wed 13-Mar-19 14:16:22

Ok, they should have discussed this with you ,as with no evidence or dashcam its one word against the other. Ring them back up and express how annoyed you are and ask them to take the payments off your claims history. A without prejudice payment still affects your no claims bonus.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Wed 13-Mar-19 14:21:04

Stunned they can do this without informing you! I'm guessing its to late to approach the garage and ask if they still have cctv footage from months ago? Other than that my only other suggestion is to try to bump your thread later on for the evening crowd.

pumpkinpie01 Wed 13-Mar-19 14:29:00

Unfortunately when you take out a car insurance policy it will say in the small print that the insurer can deal with the claim as they see fit, but this is most unfair and the majority of insurers would put up a fight. It would be normal in this instance to ask the third party for their evidence, when none was forthcoming close the claim down later at no cost. The third party may threaten court proceedings but would be foolish to issue with no evidence. Some insurers thou will just ask if you were at the scene and then pay out the third party. Give them another call.

Tomtontom Wed 13-Mar-19 14:29:12

a few month later my insurance wrote to me claiming she made a claim against me, i told them no damage to her car and if anything mine but i dont want to claim as it was minor.
I told them her claim was malicious,, provided the police number and stated i want this wiped off my insurance

What was their response to this? Did you tell them in writing or by phone.

All because you reported it to the police, that doesn't make the claim malicious. They'll assess all the information, including your contribution above.

WoodlandOaks Wed 13-Mar-19 14:33:14

Complain to your insurer (they will have a complaint process).

If you are unhappy with the complaint response take to Financial Services Ombudsman.

Bellasorellaa Tue 19-Mar-19 18:21:33

They decided in her favour and closed my claim I’m fuming

Bellasorellaa Tue 19-Mar-19 18:21:59

I want to take this woman to court she is malicious
I have the money to do that’s no issue

Tomtontom Tue 19-Mar-19 18:24:42

What happened to your complaint?

Defamation claims cost tens of thousands. Given that there's no guarantee you would win, you'd need to think carefully about whether it is worth it.

pumpkinpie01 Wed 20-Mar-19 14:17:41

You will get nowhere with a malicious claim, sorry. You cant prove the incident didnt happen and she cant prove it did. You would totally be wasting your money.

JaneEyre07 Wed 20-Mar-19 14:26:14

My DD was coming home from work in my car, and she bumped into the car in front of her in the pouring rain. No damage to my car or his, but he got out and was an absolute arse to DD.... insisting she gave her details etc. Few days later, insurance company rang to say he'd made a claim against DDs insurance. Turned out he went for the whole personal injury thing and the claim was over £7k. You can imagine what that did to my insurance. They were in queueing traffic, and the accident if you can call it that was at less than 5mph. He was a prison officer. I literally was fuming and we involved the Police and the insurance but he made the loudest noises and it was all done and dusted against DD. She's now got a dashcam so it never happens again and I wish we'd reported him to the Police that night for being so verbally abusive to her.

I'm still angry about it now and STILL having to declare it on my bloody insurance, 2 years to go and counting.

BubblesBuddy Wed 20-Mar-19 14:57:41

My DD reversed into a very old car and neither had much damage. Literally a tiny scratch on both. Her car was already pretty battered. DH reported what happened to our insurance, with photographs, and they actually got back to us and said the claim had come in for £1500! They refused to pay.

MadSweeney Thu 21-Mar-19 16:19:55

she bumped into the car in front of her in the pouring rain. No damage to my car or his

Unfortunately rear end shunt damage isn't always obvious. Someone did the same to DS at a similar speed. On the face of it there was barely a mark on his car, but the damage underneath the bumper totalled almost £2k on a Punto.
Obviously DS wasn't an arse and didn't claim personal injury.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: