Advanced search

Applying to have name on BC

(7 Posts)
GetInMyNelly Wed 13-Jun-18 19:25:17

Anyone have any info on this??

DP wants to have his name put onto his DD's birth certificate, ex is saying not yet.

He's going to go to court, can he self represent??

Collaborate Wed 13-Jun-18 20:22:41

Anyone can self represent. Doesn't mean to say they'll do as good a job of it. May be worth paying for advice about whether he stands a chance.

NukaColaGirl Wed 13-Jun-18 20:25:32

You’ll need a court approved DNA test to prove the child is his, and then his name will be added, regardless of what his ex says.

GetInMyNelly Wed 13-Jun-18 20:36:43

They had a court approved DNA test done years ago when CSA was involved. He just wants to be added to the birth certificate now.

NukaColaGirl Wed 13-Jun-18 21:17:50

That makes it easier then. Just apply straight to court. No need for a solicitor. It’s what my brother did.

GetInMyNelly Wed 13-Jun-18 21:54:39

Is it pretty straight forward or does he have to give genuine reasons as to why he should be put on it??

PippilottaLongstocking Wed 13-Jun-18 21:56:59

If he’s the child’s father then that is enough reason!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: