Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Illegal no parking signs

(7 Posts)
funkyfunky Sat 10-Feb-18 17:10:35

My local Halfords has these signs around the back of their store. It is a public road, no yellow lines and no drop kerb. Is it illegal for them to have these signs up? I'd like to send a complaint as I feel it is misleading and wrongly implies that you're not allowed to park there.

KungFuEric Sat 10-Feb-18 17:14:03

It looks like it is used for access for staff and deliveries/the bin collection.

In the scheme of things they are asking the courtesy of not obstructing the access that 1/2 cars would be able to use to park.

It's nothing to really get your knickers in a twist about, if you want to feel smug about following the rules though and park there then good for you.

ivykaty44 Sat 10-Feb-18 17:14:48

Contact your local highways department at the council

funkyfunky Sat 10-Feb-18 17:18:19

KungFuEric actually, the gated entry part is at the side, this bit is completely fenced. This area is an industrial estate where people struggle to find parking, so I don't think it's fair for anyone to claim a whole area of parking that the council has clearly decided they don't need, otherwise there would be a drop kerb or yellow lines. Thank you for your condescension, though smile

CotswoldStrife Sat 10-Feb-18 17:20:04

Were you asked to move, OP? Not sure why this is a battle worth fighting tbh! But if you want to it's usually the local Council that enforces parking on local roads, check it's not on a business park or industrial estate which can set their own rules and simply allow the public access to use the business.

CotswoldStrife Sat 10-Feb-18 17:20:47

Ah, cross post - if it's an industrial estate owned by a management company then they may well be able to apply their own rules.

funkyfunky Sat 10-Feb-18 17:28:37

CotswoldStrife I'm 100% sure it's a publicly owned road, there are lampposts, street signs etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: