Advanced search

Forcing sale of house?

(9 Posts)
youokayhun Wed 07-Feb-18 17:38:30

Can anybody help with regards to what form I would need to complete to force a sale of a house and how I would work out fees. I've wasted so much money on solicitors to no avail and I am now desperate

Familylawsolicitor Wed 07-Feb-18 18:52:39

Who owns the house?

MrsBertBibby Wed 07-Feb-18 19:52:28

And is this a married situation?

youokayhun Sun 11-Feb-18 22:10:10

Myself and ex partner, joint owners never married

MrsBertBibby Mon 12-Feb-18 07:52:26

You need to decide if you are a part 7 or part 8 claim. Here is a fairly simple summary.

If there's no complications about claiming more than half, then part 8 is probably the one. The summary here is helpful

Court fee I think will be £308.

MrsBertBibby Mon 12-Feb-18 07:53:04

I assume you don't already have an order for sale?

youokayhun Mon 12-Feb-18 12:14:59

No, my ex has dicked about for a long long time, ignoring solicitors letters, point blank refusing to sell, making petty buy out offers, he's now made one which I accepted at a loss for it to just be over but he still hasn't come through with it and I'm at the end of my tether! I really appreciate your help and advice!

youokayhun Mon 12-Feb-18 12:17:05

I have actually viewed both of those forms before, I find the fact they are essentially blank confusing and have no real idea about completing them sad

prh47bridge Mon 12-Feb-18 13:01:33

If you look on the court and tribunal form finder you will find "notes for claimant" for both forms. These tell you how to complete the form.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: