Advanced search

Drug testing for my ex

(7 Posts)
JoJo2106 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:32:42


Does anyone know if I can get a drug test done via court for my ex? We are currently not at the court stage yet and we are gonna have to most likely attend mediation sessions first. The thing is I have drug & drink concerns of my ex and he is looking to get more access of our 19 week old baby boy including overnight stays. He has basically told me in a round about sort of way that he has stopped smoking weed now but bearing in mind he has done this for 25 years I highly doubt it will be permanent. I feel he's just stopped temporarily cos of mediation an talk of court. But I am wondering if there is any way I can get a court to do a drug test on him to prove he has been using for years befire this gets to mediation to help my case if it does go to court.

All he is doing now is temporarily stopping so it won't be in his system if it reaches court in a few months etc and I need yo prove he is a user. Is this something I can do or do you have to be already involved with the courts already ?

Many thanks

MrsBertBibby Sat 13-Jan-18 19:53:03

If he will agree to hair strand testing, you can do it. If he doesn't agree, then obviously you can't make him.

JoJo2106 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:16:22

Not even if I approach the court with my concerns? Can they not make him? Anyway if he does refuse it isn't gonna look very good on him is it? It's a 25 year habit which I have asked him repeatedly to stop but wouldn't. Now There's talk of drug tests he has though. Will go straight back to it once all this is over. He also drove with DS in the car only days old after drinking. He took him out early hours of the morning to stop him from crying. I only found out the next day. Needless to say I ended the relationship 2 weeks after ds was born. Should have ended a long time ago.

Really need to prove he is a drug user & heavy drinker as he is wanting my ds overnight in a few months. He's 19 week old now. No way am I allowing this as he drinks all night in charge of him. But I don't want the weed to disappear from his system so need to get this sorted asap. So a court can't order him to do it?

Nicknacky Sat 13-Jan-18 20:30:47

Did you ask your solicitor any of this?

MrsBertBibby Sat 13-Jan-18 20:35:50

Well yes, if one of you applies for a child arrangements order then you can apply for drug tests. The court can order these if it agrees it is necessary.

There is no way of just applying for him to be tested as a stand alone application.

worridmum Tue 16-Jan-18 10:19:00

I had too deal with these a few times you can have it done through court but be prepared for yourself to have to be drug tested to as the judges i had decided it was fairer that both parents are tested.

I dont think its standard but it is up too the judge.

JoJo2106 Tue 16-Jan-18 10:39:30

I wouldn't care if I was I don't take drugs, I don't even drink. Just thinking that the longer it gets left it is gonna leave his system. He will just go back to it once it's all over we are talking 25 years of him doing it. I woukd prefer it done now before we got into mediation and court but was more wondering if I could approach court myself to get him drug tested.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: