Advanced search

Does NRP have to give permission for RP to take Children abroad

(11 Posts)
CinnamonAndSpice Mon 11-Dec-17 15:44:03

Just that really

Tinselistacky Mon 11-Dec-17 15:45:52

If you have residency you don't need permission.

mustbemad17 Mon 11-Dec-17 15:46:36

My experience is no BUT you can only take DC out of the country for 28 days or less.

Obviously ignore all of that if you have restrictions placed on you by a court. My ex tried to have me done for kidnap; got stopped at the airport by armed police with my 3 month old DD 🙄

flissfloss65 Mon 11-Dec-17 15:48:55

We don't have a residency order and neither myself or ex have ever been stopped going abroad/coming home regarding our dc.

corlan Mon 11-Dec-17 15:49:19

Check the Foreign Office advice for the country you're going to. South Africa, for example, requires permission from the NRP .

corlan Mon 11-Dec-17 15:50:58

mustbemad Wow-That was some welcome home!

mustbemad17 Mon 11-Dec-17 15:52:23

Oh no Corlan this was on the way out 😂 Was taking her to see my folks in Germany but because me & him were at loggerheads he wasn't invited. Thankfully it only took a short time to get it straightened out & we then got escorted to our gate 😬

CinnamonAndSpice Mon 11-Dec-17 15:53:30

Thank you for quick response x

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Dec-17 16:28:01

If you have a court order stating you have residency no you don't for less than 28 days away.
If you have an agreement between you that has not involved court then yes you should have permission.

prh47bridge Mon 11-Dec-17 17:48:22

Some of the advice on this thread is wrong or incomplete. Lonecatwithkitten is right. If you have a court order stating that the child lives with you, you can take the child out of the country for up to 28 days.

If you do not have a court order and the NRP has PR you need their consent to take the child out of the country otherwise you are committing a criminal offence. Having said that, it is highly unlikely you would be prosecuted for taking the child out of the country for a short time. Many people go abroad without the necessary consent. However, some find that they are refused entry at their destination because they can't show that they have the consent of the other parent.

MrsBertBibby Mon 11-Dec-17 17:56:15

Prh47bridge is correct as usual.

Is there a contact order in NRP's favour? If so, you can't take the kids away without consent if it would impinge on ordered contact, even with a live with order in your favour.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: