Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Should I respond to spurious allegations for FHDRA?

(3 Posts)
mightymalties Thu 07-Dec-17 18:30:55

My ex has made some vile, untrue allegations against me to CAFCASS which I was made aware of during the pre-hearing telephone call. I am aware that these will be put into the safeguarding letter, CAFCASS explained that as ex had raised these things as issues, they needed to go in (along with my own concerns).

Some of these allegations are of a sexual nature. Ex has form for this. He has made other references to agencies before (of a different, though not less disturbing nature) knowing that I would need to discuss them. I feel he is doing this to humiliate and undermine me. There will certainly be no evidence to prove these things.

I am wondering whether I should respond to this before the hearing? If so, should I wait for the safeguarding letter (and respond in a position statement on the day)? Or should I wait until the hearing itself and respond in person, though I am sure this will be both embarrassing and humiliating for me.

TIA for any advice.

MrsBertBibby Thu 07-Dec-17 19:41:48

Whose application is it, and what is it for?

mightymalties Thu 07-Dec-17 23:00:06

Thanks MrsBertBibby. I made the application, it's for a child arrangements order. I'm the resident parent, and was advised to make the application myself due to ex's unpredictable behaviour as it didn't seem as though he would make the application himself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: