Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Rights and options as a UK Citizen now residing in Guernsey

(5 Posts)
TNFM Wed 29-Nov-17 19:49:42

I've recently moved to Guernsey with my partner and daughter and are now classed as residents of Guernsey.

We understand that we no longer have access to the NHS healthcare offered in the UK and have taken out annual travel insurance to cover any costs should any issues arise when we return to the UK throughout the year. We have also taken out Health Insurance in Guernsey to make sure all our Healthcare is covered as and when required.

We don't have any insurance for Dental issues, and as I understand it you just pay for what you need when you need it there.

Can any one let me know what the arrangements are with the UK if I now reside in the Channel Islands and most importantly, is it possible for me to visit a dentist when I am back in the UK? I need two wisdom teeth out and a filling and if I get that done in Guernsey it will cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance for any replied from those that have been in a similar position. We are in Guernsey on a 5 year work permit.

Heratnumber7 Wed 29-Nov-17 20:03:46

Dentists cost a fortune in the uk too.

SylviaTietjens Wed 29-Nov-17 20:06:06

You can just pay as you go. I registered as a temporary patient at a surgery in Cornwall while I was on holiday last summer. I needed a wisdom tooth removed and it cost £230 with X-rays and the local anaesthetic.

SylviaTietjens Wed 29-Nov-17 20:07:00

Also had a filling done at my normal dentist which cost £120.

TNFM Mon 04-Dec-17 19:50:36

Thanks, appreciate your help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: