Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Court listings and results

(8 Posts)
TywysogesGymraeg Wed 29-Nov-17 15:47:13

Does anyone know if court listings and the results of hearings are published to the public, and where I could find them if so?

I'm particularly interested in finding out the outcome of a case heard in Haverfordwest today - Magistrates Court I think. No answer when I phone.

Thank you

namechange2222 Thu 30-Nov-17 10:34:51

I have found results of cases heard in both magistrates and crown court by telephoning. Unless the result is in the local press I have never been able to find out otherwise

Heratnumber7 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:26:32

Thanks namechange. Is it public knowledge? Ie do they have to tell you if you ask?

JaniceBattersby Thu 30-Nov-17 23:21:45

Magistrates court listings and results are a matter of public record and should be openly available to members of the public. In reality, it is sometimes made difficult by bureaucrats who are unsure of what they are doing (we currently have to get ours via fax... hmm)

You should ask for listings (which may be a central office rather than at your local court) and they should be able to give you the result. Other than that, your local paper may well print results lists but it will probably take a week or so for the info to filter through.

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 30-Nov-17 23:28:11

Try lawpages.com?

namechange2222 Fri 01-Dec-17 08:25:57

I was asked what relation I was to the case. However I don’t think this is actually relevant as it is public knowledge

Heratnumber7 Fri 01-Dec-17 20:37:19

Thank you everyone.

Heratnumber7 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:43:19

It was published in the local paper.
Thanks for the tips all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now