Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Fair financial split views for consent order?

(4 Posts)
Confusedmummy2017 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:49:27

Please can someone tell me who has any knowledge on what would likely happen if this went to court. Married 6 & half yrs.

After debating the following is what he has now suggested;

I have 20,000 debt (mostly due to him)
My pension worth 20,000
I earn 19,000
3 kids 1 his is age 7

He has savings 15,000
Pension worth 47,000
He earns 56,000

Our house owned tog has approx 134,000 of equity.

My suggestion was for 75%/25% split to be paid based on house price now, but paid when youngeat leaves education. Plus £150 spousal maintenance until son reaches 13. Then can increase my hours as I do shift work no local family.

He originally said a 60/40 split now has come back with this;

70/30 split no spousal maintenance paid as stated above.

Or a 62.5/37.5 split plus 5% salary spousal maintenance until son is 12.

I feel that these are fair but just after anyone who is knowledgeable in this areas advice.

I have a mortgage agreed in principle to take on the rest of the mortgage in my name which he also wants.

Thanks in advance

Collaborate Sun 12-Nov-17 20:42:09

I wouldn’t feel safe advising in the detail I think you’re after based on the info in just one post. Do yourself a favour and get some proper advice.

ChocoMunchi Mon 13-Nov-17 12:19:36

I can’t offer legal advice as I don’t have any legal training just my circumstances are similar to yours and I’m just curious so I hope you don’t mind me commenting. I almost have the consent order agreed so have batted different proposals back n forth several times.

Just wondered if you had agreed anything with the debt? Doesn’t seem fair that you get left with debt but he has savings? Have you also agreed CM?

I know I was advised that the courts prefer a clean break so if u can agree more % on the equity in compensation for no SM this is preferable.

You definitely need to seek proper legal advice before agreeing to anything.

babybarrister Mon 13-Nov-17 15:32:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now