Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Export/import question

(5 Posts)
Desmondo2016 Thu 09-Nov-17 09:16:14

Paracetamol suppositories for baby.. 70p abroad, 17 pounds in uk. Currently have a friend in Tenerife happy to bring some back. Is there a limit/any rules around this. I can't find anything online.

Angrybird345 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:42:14

Look online. Lloyd’s chemist £3.86

Desmondo2016 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:56:37

Do you mean Lloyds pharmacy? I can't see them anywhere for that price and I don't find a Lloyds chemist when I Google. On Lloyds pharmacy they are prescription only. I do have them on repeat prescription so can get them for free but hate costing the nhs so much when they are only 70p abroad. Can anyone else actually help eith my question?

sinceyouask Fri 10-Nov-17 13:27:34

This is one of those questions you'd think there'd be an easily googable answer to and it's infuriating not to find one! If it's any use at all though, Stansted's security FAQ says

"I would like to carry some non-prescribed medicine in tablet form, such as paracetamol. May I do that?

Yes, you can. There is no limit to what you carry in tablet or pill form, whether it is prescribed medication or not."

I know suppositories are not really tablets or pills, but if there was a problem with bringing them I'd expect it to say so somewhere.

Desmondo2016 Sat 11-Nov-17 09:26:14

Thank you. I agree about the infuriating googling! He is bringng me back 10 packets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now